Let’s just hope the client likes the color she picked this time. She signed off on a sample of a new opaque white glaze we’ll be using for her job instead of our normal white which is a off white with a clear crackle over it.
I started making the trim pieces late this afternoon while Angi played lawn jockey on the riding mower. I managed to get 16 done by dinner so I should be able to get all the trim pieces made tomorrow including the corners (wishful thinking but hopefully).
Here’s a detail pic.
Our shrinkage test is in the kiln now and we should be able to open it in the morning so we can do the calculations on the field tile and the insert sizes. Then it’s time to getta cracka lackin on crankin out some tile. It looks like this batch of clay is a bit damper than the last and shrank at least one more percent.
Here’s that pear shaped vase from the last post after Angi sliptrailed it.